Victorian Goldfields Railway
Victorian Goldfields Railway

1941-1960

6th
January
1941
Rail motor (and all passenger service) is withdrawn leaving once weekly goods train to Shelbourne - Mondays.
BL#61 p8

12th
February
1941
Maldon - Stationmaster transferred away.
 

1944
Maldon - Iron extension to station building removed.
 

1947
Maldon - engine road extended by sixty-six feet (see 11.9.56.)
BL#61 p8

11th
March
1952
Maldon Junction - remote control system abolished, junction became an intermediate electric staff station, equipped with two levers, one to operate the junction turnout (which normally lay for Maryborough line) and other lever operated 'up' home signal on the Maldon Line.
RR#3

8th
October
1954
J549 entered service on the VR - One of 60 J Class locomotives built by the Vulcan Foundry of New-Le-Willows, Lancashire, England during 1954. VGR Stock Register - Steam Locomotives
RR#3

15th
March
1955
Shelbourne Junction - disestablished as a temporary Block Post, and the fixed signals subsequently removed. Turnout locked with hand locking bar and padlock.
RR#3

11th
September
1956
Maldon - engine road removed.
BL#61 p8

22nd
November
1960
Maldon - turntable taken out of use.
BL#61 p8