Welcome to the Victorian Goldfields Railway; the authentic steam heritage train linking the historic gold mining towns of Castlemaine and Maldon in Central Victoria.
Enjoy a family day out or treat yourself and travel in our elegant first class carriages as you travel through the central Victorian Goldfields.
Check out this blog for things to do during your visit to Maldon
- We have a revised one train timetable as we return to Covid Normal Operations - Departing from Castlemaine at 11.30am and Maldon from 2.45pm - Giving 2.5hrs in Maldon to enjoy it's many delights. - running on Sundays and Wednesdays
- Bookings are required. - Book Online
You can book online up until 5pm the day before travel and you need only show your smartphone receipt at booking window - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 5470 6658 if you have any queries
MAY MADNESS SPECIAL Book online for Excursion Travel for the Month of May and recieve a 25% discount. Available for travel on regular Sunday & Wednesday Services from 1st to the 31st May 2021 ONLY.
(Does not include First Class, group fares, Cab Rides, or special event trains).
Use Promo code MAY21 during online booking to receive discount.
ONE WAY TRAVEL Please contact us via PH: (03) 5470 6658 or email: email@example.com to book one way fares
|Wednesday May 5th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Sunday May 9th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Wednesday May 12th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Sunday May 16th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Wednesday May 19th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Sunday May 23rd||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Wednesday May 26th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Saturday May 29th||Ales on Rails & Excursion Travel|
|Sunday May 30th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Wednesday June 2nd||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
- as we return from Covid, from the 29th November our steam train will run on Sundays only.
- we will be only have 1 return trip from Castlemaine to Maldon
- trains connect with V/Line fast trains to and from Melbourne at Castlemaine station. View V/line timetables - PLEASE NOTE: V/LINE HAVE RECENTLY CHANGED TIMETABLES - PLEASE ENSURE YOUR TRAIN WILL ARRIVE AT CASTLEMAINE BEFORE 11.30am
- regular event trains run on many Saturdays. See Upcoming Events panel on this page for links to those. Note most event trains require pre booking.
- take the kids for a memorable day out
- watch the world go by from your family compartment
- open the windows
- spot the kangaroos
- listen to the engine huff and puff up the hills
- children aged 3 and under travel at no charge
- step back in time to an era of elegance and decadence
- ride in Edwardian splendour or art deco elegance
- purchase a drink from the fully equipped bar
- end viewing platform on our parlour car
- sorry we are unable to accommodate children aged 3 and under
- get up close and personal in the engine cab
- you can drive one of our heritage steam or diesel locomotives on your own private goods train
- live the dream!
- add to your bucket list