Welcome to the Victorian Goldfields Railway; the authentic steam heritage train linking the historic gold mining towns of Castlemaine and Maldon in Central Victoria.
Enjoy a family day out or treat yourself and travel in our elegant first class carriages as you travel through the central Victorian Goldfields.
- steam trains run Sundays and Wednesdays and some holiday Saturdays.
- choose from one of 2 return trips from Maldon to Castlemaine OR one return trip from Castlemaine to Maldon.
- trains connect with V/Line fast trains to and from Melbourne at Castlemaine station. View V/line timetables
- take the kids for a memorable day out
- watch the world go by from your family compartment
- lean out the window
- spot the kangaroos
- listen to the engine huff and puff up the hills
- step back in time to an era of elegance and decadence
- ride in Edwardian splendour or art deco elegance
- enjoy a drink from the fully equipped bar
- end viewing platform on our parlour car
- get up close and personal in the engine cab
- you can drive one of our heritage steam or diesel locomotives on your own private goods train
- live the dream!
- add to your bucket list