Welcome to the Victorian Goldfields Railway; the authentic steam heritage train linking the historic gold mining towns of Castlemaine and Maldon in Central Victoria.
Enjoy a family day out or treat yourself and travel in our elegant first class carriages as you travel through the central Victorian Goldfields.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the Victorian Covid Lockdown there will be no trains on Saturday 24th or Sunday 25th July 2021. We're hoping to be back running trains on Wednesday 28th July 2021.
Check out this blog for things to do during your visit to Maldon
- We have a revised one train timetable as we return to Covid Normal Operations - Departing from Castlemaine at 11.30am and Maldon from 2.45pm - Giving 2.5hrs in Maldon to enjoy it's many delights. - running on Sundays and Wednesdays
- Bookings are required. - Book Online
You can book online up until 5pm the day before travel and you need only show your smartphone receipt at booking window - please contact us at email@example.com or 03 5470 6658 if you have any queries
ONE WAY TRAVEL Please contact us via PH: (03) 5470 6658 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book one way fares
|Wednesday July 28th||Normal Timetable - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID LOCKDOWN|
|Sunday August 1st||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Wednesday August 4th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Saturday August 7th||Murder on the Orient Express|
|Sunday August 8th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Wednesday August 11th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Saturday August 14th||Ales on Rails & Excursion Trave & On Train Movie - Unstoppable|
|Sunday August 15th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Wednesday August 18th||Normal Timetable - STEAM HAULED|
|Saturday August 21st||Murder on the Orient Express|
- as we return from Covid, from the 29th November our steam train will run on Sundays only.
- we will be only have 1 return trip from Castlemaine to Maldon
- trains connect with V/Line fast trains to and from Melbourne at Castlemaine station. View V/line timetables - PLEASE NOTE: V/LINE HAVE RECENTLY CHANGED TIMETABLES - PLEASE ENSURE YOUR TRAIN WILL ARRIVE AT CASTLEMAINE BEFORE 11.30am
- regular event trains run on many Saturdays. See Upcoming Events panel on this page for links to those. Note most event trains require pre booking.
- take the kids for a memorable day out
- watch the world go by from your family compartment
- open the windows
- spot the kangaroos
- listen to the engine huff and puff up the hills
- children aged 3 and under travel at no charge
- step back in time to an era of elegance and decadence
- ride in Edwardian splendour or art deco elegance
- purchase a drink from the fully equipped bar
- end viewing platform on our parlour car
- sorry we are unable to accommodate children aged 3 and under
- get up close and personal in the engine cab
- you can drive one of our heritage steam or diesel locomotives on your own private goods train
- live the dream!
- add to your bucket list