Welcome to the Victorian Goldfields Railway; the authentic steam heritage train linking the historic gold mining towns of Castlemaine and Maldon in Central Victoria.
Enjoy a family day out or treat yourself and travel in our elegant first class carriages as you travel through the central Victorian Goldfields.
PLEASE NOTE: WE'RE BACK! BOOK NOW TO SECURE YOUR SEATS
With regional Victoria currently out of lockdown, we're back running our regular servies.
Tickets must be pre-booked online and you must reside in regional Victoria (exluding areas in lockdown) or another permitted area, to travel with us. In the event that restrictions are re-imposed, you will able to transfer your booking to another date or receive a refund.
Check out this blog for things to do during your visit to Maldon
With the lockdown lifting, we're back up and running ready for this coming weekend.
Tickets must be pre-booked online and you must reside in regional Victoria or another permitted area to travel with us. In the event that restrictions are re-imposed, you will able to transfer your booking to another date or receive a refund.
- We have a revised one train timetable as we return to Covid Normal Operations - Departing from Castlemaine at 11.30am and Maldon from 2.45pm - Giving 2.5hrs in Maldon to enjoy it's many delights. - running on Sundays and Wednesdays
- Bookings are required. - Book Online
You can book online up until midnight the day before travel and you need only show your smartphone receipt at booking window - please contact us at email@example.com or 03 5470 6658 if you have any queries
ONE WAY TRAVEL Please contact us via PH: (03) 5470 6658 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book one way fares
|Saturday September 18th||Normal Timetable School Holidays|
|Sunday September 19th||Normal Timetable School Holidays|
|Wednesday September 22nd||Normal Timetable School Holidays|
- On all Sundays and Wednesday we have 1 return trip from Castlemaine to Maldon.
- On Saturdays during School Holidays we also run 1 return trip from Castlemaine to Maldon.
- On a variety of Saturdays through the year we offer special trains, including Ales on Rail, Movie Trains, the Victorian Colonial Express and other unquie experiences - check out upcoming events for more details
- trains connect with V/Line fast trains to and from Melbourne at Castlemaine station. View V/line timetables - PLEASE ENSURE YOUR TRAIN WILL ARRIVE AT CASTLEMAINE BEFORE 11.30am
- regular event trains run on many Saturdays. See Upcoming Events panel on this page for links to those. Note most event trains require pre booking.
- take the kids for a memorable day out
- watch the world go by from your family compartment
- open the windows
- spot the kangaroos
- listen to the engine huff and puff up the hills
- children aged 3 and under travel at no charge
- step back in time to an era of elegance and decadence
- ride in Edwardian splendour or art deco elegance
- purchase a drink from the fully equipped bar
- end viewing platform on our parlour car
- sorry we are unable to accommodate children aged 3 and under
- get up close and personal in the engine cab
- you can drive one of our heritage steam or diesel locomotives on your own private goods train
- live the dream!
- add to your bucket list